Undergraduate degree courses in Bioengineering
M.Eng (Hons) Bioengineering – (UCAS – H675)
B.Eng (Hons) Bioengineering – (UCAS – H673)
We have a 3-year B.Eng and a 4-year M.Eng degree in Bioengineering at Sheffield University:
- Did you always want to know how a replacement hip joint works?
- Would you like to learn how to design new imaging equipment for detecting tumors?
- Have you an interest in seeing how to grow cells and tissues in a lab?
- Are you a true puzzler who likes to dismantle and assemble things?
- Does computer simulation fascinate you?
- Are you intrigued by how stem cells or recombinant proteins can be used to treat disease?
If just one of the above applies to you – then you might consider studying Bioengineering. The degree at Sheffield has a common first year and then follows one of 4 specialist areas as you progress:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomaterials Science & Tissue Engineering
- Biological & Systems Processing
- Medical Devices & Instrumentation
Typical Entry Requirements
M.Eng – ABB
B.Eng – BBC
To include ‘A’ level Mathematics + 2 other science subjects